Stones and Bones is owned by John and Susan Mellyn of Historic Gruene, Texas. We have been in the artifact business for over 20 years and collecting most of our lives. This web site is part of the evolution of our business. Some of our personal artifacts are pictured in Lar Hothem’s books (Paleo-Indian Artifacts, Shell Bone and Antler Artifacts, Unusual Artifacts, and Who’s Who’s #10).
At the age of six, my Uncle Pete gave me two arrowheads that he found in Denver Colorado. That started it all. I still have those points (one was broken by my cousin George). I am 56 now and the passion to collect artifacts is stronger than ever.
I hope I can help you with your passion. Take a youngster arrowhead/fossil/mineral hunting. You might inspire a child to become interested in Archeology, Paleontology, or Geology.
Traveling Museum – How it Works
- Artifacts are real and quite valuable. For this reason Displays will be leased to reputable organizations.
- They are leased by the month for a flat fee (inquire for details) per display, depending on which one’s get chosen.
- Customer will provide a certificate of insurance prior to delivery valid for the extent of the time display is in play.
- Displays will be installed by one of our certified technicians and must not be opened or artifacts handled.
- For the time being we’d like to keep the displays within a 200 mile radius, expanded territory coming soon.
- Additional details provided upon request. Please contact our office for more information.